June 19, 2006

A Boy and his Peanut

Two weeks beyond his two-and-a-half-years on this Earth, and it happened. My son stuck his very first foreign object up his nose. And it stuck.

I was busily preparing his lunch, looking forward to it’s completion so that we could both take a much-needed nap, when he came up to me and said:

“Help me!” (pointing to his nose)

“What’s the matter honey?”

“Peanut stuck!”

“What?”

Peanut STUCK! Help MEEEE!”

Yep. There it was in all it’s glory. An entire peanut. Stuck.

“Blow”

(blows)

“Blow harder”

(blows harder. Nothing)


After lots of tears on his part, and about ten seconds shy of giving up and driving him to urgent care, I finally got it out. I knelt down and explained to him that we don’t stick anything up our nose. Ever.

Five minutes later …

“Help me, Mama”

“What’s the matter, V?”

“Peanut stuck. This nose” (pointing to his other nostril)

I kneel down and look up his nose.

“Just kidding, Mama!”

Great. I have a prankster already.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mama of 2 said...

Your son used a peanut...mine used a small rock. And unlike you we did take a trip to the doctor's office. Thankfully she was able to remove it.
That's a story we still laugh about (now that is) to this day.

Let's hope Girlie Girlie doesn't have a thing for foreign objects up the nose.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Amber said...

LMAO....my daughter stuck a peanut up her nose not that long ago...when my son was 2 he used to stick m&ms up his nose...they would melt..it was so gross.....lol.....

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... video editing programs

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home