June 23, 2006

D.C. Bound

As the HR Manager for a single location company, I rarely get to travel. The one exception each year takes place in June when I get to attend that Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) convention for five days. This year, I’m headed to D.C.

I’m excited and apprehensive all at the same time. Excited because I’ve never been to D.C. before. Apprehensive because I hate to fly. HATE to fly. So much so that I have my very own prescription of Valium to help ease my anxiety. Having never taken Valium before I was worried about taking it for the first time on an airplane especially because I’m traveling alone, so I decided to take a trail run this week. Luckily, no problems – so I feel much relief because of the fact that I have this little bottle to carry with me that, I hope, will get me through the ordeal of flying with as little anxiety as possible.

The thought of being away from V and the Husband for five days has me both excited and apprehensive as well. Excited because it’s five days of no family obligations … I can take a nap every afternoon if I so desire!! Apprehensive because I worry that my husband will forget to change V’s diaper, or forget to feed him, or forget to make sure V drinks enough water since it’s supposed to be nearly 110-degrees here this weekend. I’m sure it will be just fine – and I’m also sure I’m not the only mom out there that feels no one can take care of her baby as well as she can. No one. Not even said baby’s dad.

So I have high hopes for D.C. I hope to learn a thing or ten in my convention. I hope to take a few good long naps. I hope to see some sights. I hope to spend uninterrupted time trying to get my blog completely moved over from blogger to wordpress. I’m not worried about the naps or sights. It’s anyone’s guess about the blog. We’ll see how that goes. Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mama of 2 said...

Try not to stress too much about your trip. LIfe at home will continue and honestly all will be fine when you get back.

DO your best to enjoy your trip, revel in the silence and the naps at your disposal cause they will be gone all too soon.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Mac OS X software,news driver ,games
http://italiagame.org

G'night

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Linux software,news driver ,games
http://italiagame.org

Bye

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Manuals for pv 810 panasonic omnimovie camcorders Car coupon discount rental Skin+care+products Woman bikini model stolen whitestrips Lipitor find information on lipitor Feng shui software downloads Vitamin c ester hplc Toyota throttle valve diagnosis Blonde girl small boobs botox intravascular male liposuction in maryland henckels dutch ovens Internet connection viewer v2.2.4 All about fioricet Acura dealer in souther connecticut Rhinoplasty to correct nose when smiling Buy 2b xenical lipsosuction collagen botox injections Site hosting cheap merchant account

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home