June 17, 2006

A Warm Welcome to My New Renter

Please take a moment to get to know a bit about my renter, Jess, from North Georgia. Like me, she's a mom. Unlike me, she's expecting (me ... hopefully soon!).

Scroll down and read the post entitled "I Wasn't an Angel". I did and it got me thinking about when I was a teenager and all the trouble I gave my parents. It's certainly one of the reasons that I always say that I don't want to be a mother to a girl. I'm sure you're all familiar with the old saying "payback's a bitch"? 'Nuf said!

I, too, was no angel growing up. I had the bad-boy boyfriend that my parents hated. I probably wouldn't have dated him as long as I did (9 years) if it weren't for my mother. Because I was a teenager I was bound and determined to prove that I could do whatever I wanted on my own terms. And because she told me she didn't want me dating him, I did. More for that reason that anything else, looking back. I smoked cigarettes. Smoked pot. Lied about where I was going and who I was with. Drank beer with my friends. I got caught doing most of this and was always grounded.

Ahhh, a trip down memory lane ... thanks to my renter, Jess. Make sure to pay her a visit!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I really do want a daughter and have two sons.. Hmmm maybe its best I havent had a daughter yet she would pay me back for all I did! Thanks for stopping by! =)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mama of 2 said...

I could have written this post. I think I did and still do alot of what I do because of my mother -- like you said to just prove that I could.

I have a daughter and can't help but wonder what it will be like for me sitting on the other side of the fence when she hits the teen years.

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
»

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work film editing classes

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home